A team that is committed.
Our team works as a team, and wins as a team. Peers and clients alike develop long-term relationships which sustain through thick and thin. Our culture creates an environment that is applauded by staff and clients alike.
- Founding Partner of Paradigm in 1999
- Through his career, David has worked in institutional sales, research, and investment banking
- Prior to founding Paradigm Capital, David worked at Gordon Capital Corp.
- David is a graduate of McGill University
- Director of Gran Tierra Energy Inc. and former director of Granite REIT, Goldcorp and Caracal Energy
- Former Partner of Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP
- Former Chairman of the Ontario Securities Commission and Morgan Stanley Canada
- Author of “Where Were the Directors?” also known as the Dey report
- Former Chairman of the board of Addax Petroleum Corp.
- 25 years of experience as an Analyst and Portfolio Manager
- Former Vice-President equity investments at Altamira and TAL Group Asset Management
- Equity fund manager of the year, 2000
John BellamyHead of Institutional Equity Sales.
- Over 20 years of experience in the Investment Industry
- Founding Partner of Paradigm in 1999, previously with Sprott Securities and Nesbitt Burns
- Member of Paradigm’s Executive team since 2000, and Managing Director of Institutional Sales since 2003
- On the board of The Yellow Bus Foundation, a charitable organization that raises money for chronically ill or disadvantaged youth
Scott McAuleyHead of Research.
- Scott joined Paradigm in 2019 as an Equity Research Analyst in Healthcare and Biotechnology.
- Prior to joining Paradigm, Scott spent 10 years across various academic research positions and worked with innovative University of Toronto spin-off companies.
- He holds a PhD (Biochemistry) and MSc (Chemistry) from the University of Toronto and a BSc (Chemistry) from McGill University.
Naomi EbataInstitutional Equity Sales.
- Naomi is a CFA charterholder with over 25 years of experience in the investment industry
- She joined Paradigm in early 2009 after 20 years at CIBC World Markets where she had been a Managing Director in Institutional Equity Sales
- Her experience includes selling Canadian equities to a variety of institutions, both domestic and overseas
- She has a B.A. from the University of Western Ontario
Michael RolandChief Operating Officer and General Counsel.
- Prior to joining Paradigm in 2009, Michael was Vice-President, Legal at CI Financial, where he had primary responsibility for managing all litigation involving CI and its subsidiaries. Michael also managed all client complaints, regulatory inquiries and internal investigations involving CI’s subsidiary retail investment dealers, Assante Wealth Management and Blackmont Capital
- Prior to joining CI Financial, Michael spent several years in private practice at Fraser Milner Casgrain LLP (now Dentons) specializing in corporate/commercial litigation and environmental law
- Michael received his LL.B. from Dalhousie University and his Bachelor of Arts from McGill University
Michael W. WardChief Financial Officer.
- 30 years in various senior financial roles in the industry
- Former CFO, Gordon Capital Corp., an institutional investment dealer
- Former Treasurer, Gordon Investment Corp., a merchant bank
- Former CFO, Dundee Securities Corp., a full service investment dealer
- Certified Public Accountant, Chartered Accountant (1977)
- BSc (Mathematics and Physics), York University
- Member IIROC Financial Administrators Section (‘FAS’) Executive Committee
- Member IIROC Financial Administrators Section (‘FAS’)
- Member IIROC FAS Capital Formula Sub-Committee